Tuesday, November 14, 2017

rooster pedicure

Chupa lost a spur almost two years ago.  It actually grew back but was curling around and just about to start poking into his leg.  I have been trying to figure out how to deal with this for awhile now and finally decided to try my Dremel tool with a cutting wheel.  Cut off the pointy tip after several attempts while he was perched on my porch.  He kept moving around but didn't seem to mind the procedure (although he specifically stated that he DID NOT want me to paint his toenails too.)  78,87,52,0,B

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends look out for each other. ;-)

David Johnson said...

Sounds like you had a well laid plan. In the end y'all worked together for great results.

Steve said...

If you lay a chicken on its back on your lap, for some reason it makes them just lay there. In the future it may be a way to avoid cutting something you don't want to cut. That's how I deal with my chickens.

Rita B. said...

He knew you were trying to help.

Margery Billd said...

I do not know much if anything about chickens but glad you got 'er dun.

John Wells said...

Steve...I tried to immobilize Chupa a couple of times but it was freaking him out so I just went for it while he was perched on my porch railing. Turned out to be pretty easy.

Brenda said...

Chupa and other animals are lucky to be so well-cared-for :)

Unknown said...

Steve ... that's good to know. Thanks.