Wednesday, September 14, 2016

more tech woes

Hmmm...discovered my old netbook computer still works!  Took forever to find the charging cable for it but once I did, it charged up just fine.  Apparently computers that have been turned off for 3 years are hungry for updates once awakened.  Took over an hour to upgrade the smarts inside.  Once that was done I was able to broadcast on Ustream just fine with it.  Next up, I discovered the old battery I was using for the repeater would no longer take a charge so I ordered a new one.  Last up, I discovered the repeater (powered up with an AC adapter) works fine but won't talk to my new router.  One win - one tie - and one big loss.  Help!  Going to seek out Danny from Big Bend Telephone over the next couple of days to see if I am missing something simple.  I am convinced it has something to do with the settings in their router.  I watched 5 videos on how to set up my repeater and they only confused me more.  I really should go build something....THAT I know how to do.  87,91,70,0,B

4 comments:

JohnnyM said...

Good choice in doing something. Takes your brain in a different direction. I went to the Apple Store on Tuesday, wrote 6 words down, the dude made it sound simple. Tried talking about it Tuesday. Blah! Today I got it fixed! Their new equipment & my 10 month old equipment is not the same.

Unknown said...

When all else fails.....Heavenly Father in Jesus name please help John. Open up his eyes and show him what to do.
John I can personally vouch that this simple prayer works... every time. This is no mumbo jumbo. I can stand in confidence with specific examples. First in my career as a senior manager some years ago when I had to do 5 year budget forecasts. The business was in dire straits and there was nothing to forecast on! plus I had no budgetary experience whatsoever; the second time when I had to write a international workforce management exam with a complex formula and recently getting Big Bend's address for Bonnie Cain. Each time I prayed Heavenly father I hope you know something about budgets...workforce management and recently... finding someone on fb because I don't. I've run out of options. Please help me. And help always came with nothing short of astonishing results. Thank you Father.

Margery Billd said...

Good luck. It wifi eventually work out. Nice to have that ability. I enjoy your posting. But I have to be careful not to get too involved with posting. (I got one really ugly reply from another site so stopped for a day. That is why I do not use my Facebook or answer. My deceased adopted mother was shocked when I got in an anonymous fight in a chat room years ago which I do not go to anymore. Even my blood pressure must have gone up. I know now how to erase and how to hang the phone up.) I looked at my ancient former husbands site. He was always on my Facebook site which I do not use. He worked in computers. In the beginning he was not the brightest bulb but he has done very well and his site was amazing. I wanted to look at the videos and jokes but someone said if I touched anything that he would know if I was there. Time marches on. He has a wonderful life now with his adult children and their children with his 3rd wife. Perseverance works I guess. I ordered a new Apple phone the other day and it took me 12 hours but got it done.

Margery Billd said...

Someone must be in my computer because I see misspelled words. :-)