Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Star Wars connection...

When I was 4 years old, my family moved from Chicago to Georgetown, Colorado.  We lived for a brief time in a rental that was the back end of an old boarding house that was called The Alpine House at the time.  My only memory of those days was playing in the dilapidated conservatory (greenhouse) and shaving in the morning with my grandfather (he used a razor - I used a toothbrush).  The house and grounds have long since been restored and serve as a museum owned by the Georgetown Hisorical Society called the Hamill House.  How many people can claim to have lived in a house built by Luke Skywalker's great grandfather (Darth Vader's grandfather...)?  I just talked to my Aunt Mary Lou Rutherford (my mom's sister who was married to one of the Colorado Whoopenhollars).  She still lives in Georgetown and said the building is about to go under more extensive repairs - seems the second story floor joists were run the wrong way and after well over 100 years, they now have to deal with a sagging ceiling and cracking plaster.  57,61,47,0,W