Wednesday, April 17, 2013

technical difficulties...

Rather difficult to be self sufficient while relying on some bits technology that are out of my control.  For the past week my internet download speed has dropped to below 1Mbps in the evening.  Finally called to inquire and magically - someone tweaked a knob somewhere and the problem seems to be solved....for now.  Next issue: my 4 month old Canon T3i decided today that it had no SDHC card in it when in fact it did.  Blew out the slot with some air and tried a brand new card and got the same message.  Tomorrow the camera body leaves for a little trip to Virginia for a warranty repair.  Good news is that everything else built by me and under my direct control is still running smoothly.  83,93,52,0,W,0

3 comments:

Gene Adcock said...

Think that I know your feelings about the internet and camera. I go into a state of uncontrolled worry when some of my equipment stops working. On top of that, aren't you just really curious what kind of control someone tweaked to make the internet better .. some things we never know.

Anonymous said...

I sent my camera to the same repair center. After weeks of waiting, the postal service returned my box damaged and empty. Apparently, someone really wanted my broken camera. So glad I opted for insurance.

Allen Hare said...

Tough news about your T3i. Good luck on the repair job. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and love it. Of course, I have the Canon 18-35mm L series lens, which is the real meat of my rig. It cost more than twice the amount of my T3i body, and is well worth it.
Your knowledge, skill, ingenuity, and self reliance really pay off knowing your self engineered systems are reliable. You are a beacon for the rest of us. Thanks.