Sunday, September 12, 2010

transition...

Took apart 3 old bike wheels that I had since my NY days looking for the right link to drive the worsher.  There sure is a lot of grease in bike parts.  Finally settled on the best combo and assembled the mechanism to go from chain to belt drive (but now I need a longer chain).  Just a bit more searching through my boxes of parts, some cyphering, a good deal of welding, and the drive will be attached to the Maytag.  Some Yellow Headed Blackbirds took advantage of Benita's shade this afternoon.  88,95,70,0,C

7 comments:

Ron/Debbie said...

You need an old wringer washer to add to your wash day. Or possibly just the wringer part. I used to help my grandmother wash her clothes in a wringer washer. Is that dating me? LOL

Country Boy said...

Been watching for a long time. I keep getting ideas from you. The ringer would work as it would get a lot of water out but with your dry air you may not need it.

David L. Secor said...

Being from NY as well, I get a kick out of how you spelled washer. I have never heard it pronounced worsher until I arrived down here. One of these days I will have to be neighborly and get the tour of your place.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you
- pedal- play the ukelele- smoke- be doing laundry
all at the same time!

ezrablu said...

Benita best not be looking up too much.
I was thinking about getting one of those commerical janitorial mop buckets with the ringer attched to it...and use it like a mini wringer washer :o)

John Wells said...

no need for a wringer - pedal forward and the agitator churns - pedal backward and the tub rotates for spin cycle.

chempilot said...

maybe you could hook up a large treadmill to it also...benita and benito could walk your laundry clean!