Saturday, September 11, 2010

some assembly required...

Overdue Alpine run today.  Stocked up on stuff for me and parts for the Bike'o'Worsher.  Made the rounds and did the deeds.  Got back home at 3:30 and began the bike meld.  All the parts still need to get much better acquainted before a working machine will come to life.



My kombucha is coming along quite nicely.  After 6 days, a baby scoby (named Victor after an old friend in upstate NY) has skimmed over the top of the mix and is about 1/8" thick now.  Another week and I will be ready to imbibe this batch and start the next one.  Ordered some special bottles so I can gift some of this concoction to friends.  http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=90
89,96,68,0,B

2 comments:

ezrablu said...

Scoby Doby Do!

John D Baxter said...

Did those over a year ago but didn't like the caffeine in the tea, so had to give it up. Threw away 5 or 6 half an inch thick scobies, no one wanted them. Got my original from Amazon. Liked it, got my digestive tract in order, just can't do caffeine...brain tumor(meningioma on my cerebellum) causes bad effects/seizures.