Wednesday, September 29, 2010

learning curve(d roof)

Woke up a little sore this morning - must have been that pallet of concrete I helped offload from the McCoys truck yesterday (no forklift - gonna ask for a refund for the delivery charge).  Did the math and no wonder I felt a bit tweaked... 42 bags x 80 lbs each = 3,360 pounds. 










I finally convinced myself that today would be a roofing day. Was a little slow getting started but all that ladder travel kinda loosened me up.  This section is a tad more difficult than the outside sections.  To get a nice tight seam where the roofing overlaps, I had to remove the screws along the edge where the metal meets and replace them with pop rivets. I think I got it down now after getting the first 4 sheets up.  85,93,56,0,B

4 comments:

tffnguy said...

Damn John, that no forklift sucks! I think I'd demand a refund.

Bruce S said...

Even with physical work, hair of the dog that bit you seems to help.

Gavin Thomas said...

Are you pulling those rivets by hand or with air tools? If you have a lot to do then this might be handy:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/riveters/3-16-inch-air-hydraulic-riveter-93458.html

It never ceases to amaze me how much you can get done with air tools, even the cheap ones.

Allen Hare said...

Looking good!