Saturday, April 18, 2009

Knockin' on Heavens Door

Low of 36 - High of 86...not a cloud in the sky. Sequestered at the Field Lab today except for a go kart ride to the mailboxes. Took most of the day to get the forms set for the south entrance...lots of digging rock to get 'er level. Seven longhorns spent the day at the end of my driveway. Beatrice came in to the yard twice for water. Started my dinner at 3:30 - Spanish rice and Cornish Game Hen in the solar oven. Ate outside while listening to one of my favorite Marfa Public Radio shows...Version Quest with DJ JD. This months show was a full hour of versions of Knockin' on Heavens Door...the best one being Adam Sandler doing Axel Rose. The Yuccas are all blooming out here now....this one is down by my dam.




5 comments:

Bob O said...

Mama, take this badge off of me...I can't use it, anymore.

Hopefully they'll do a "Watchtower" hour next Saturday.

Jar said...

The chicken 'n' rice looks delish.

Allen Hare said...

It's good to see you're useing a cast iron dutch oven in the solar oven. Man, those things cook nice. And, the clean up is no-hassle, no-water.

TexasMusicToday.com said...

Thank you John for the website and blogs that you have put together. I have been viewing you site since you where seen on Texas Country Reporter. I am stuck here in Fort Worth, Texas and wish I got to live your kind of lifestyle. It is beautiful out in Southwest Texas and it is going on two years since I've been out that way. Keep up the good work!

DJ Palindrome said...

hi there....

ok it is 3:20 in the morning and i am clearly suffering from a tiny bout of equal parts insomnia and narcacisim but was happy to stumble across your nice comments about my radio show, VERSIONquest - while googling myself. if you are ever in marfa stop by the ballroom marfa gallery and say hello. tune in later today my next show is tonite, cole porter's just one of those things...it should be jazztastic.

thX, djjd