Saturday, October 11, 2008

Almost done, dammit...


Today was just a long half day of labor. Stripped the forms this morning from yesterdays pour and built the next layer of forms. Nice and cool and slightly overcast so retained some water today while I worked. Used 8 more bags of concrete mix to finish up. Pretty much done with the dam now except for some cosmetic work. Now that it is in place we probably wont get any rain although the forecast calls for a good chance of it over the next 4 days.

Headed down to Study Butte to stock up on some necessities just in case I do get rained in. Now I'm good to go for at least 5 days. In the rare case that I do get stuck out here for an extended period - I have a one month supply of essentials. Worst case scenario, I can always hike through the mud for a 5 mile round trip to the ranch supply store. In any event, I reckon ordering Chinese delivery is out of the question out here.

Benita was here for breakfast and supper as usual.

No comments: